3D2N Tabin Wildlife Birdin at Tabin
VALIDITY : 01 APRIL 2013 - 31 MARCH 2014
TOUR CODE : SBH014
|3D2N Tabin Wildlife Birdin at Tabin (RM)|
*Package rates are per person based on twin sharing basis and minimum 02 persons to go.
*Child rate is from 2 – 11 years old and at least 2 adult each room for applicable.
PACKAGE INCLUSIVE :
- 2 Night stay in Tabin Wildlife Resort
- 7 Meals (2 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners)
- Guided tours and activities as per itinerary
- Entry permit
- Airport transfer from Lahad Datu Airport to Tabin Wildlife Resort
PACKAGE EXCLUSIVE :
- All airfares, airport tax & fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Item not stated
- ROUNDTRIP SCHEDULED
Lahad Datu Airport - Tabin Wildlife Resort 0800/1200
Tabin Wildlife Resort - Lahad Datu Airport 1430
*Unscheduled Transfer (minimum 2 person) RM70.00 nett per person per way
Kota Kinabalu - Lahad Datu | MH3010 | ETD0620 / ETA0715
Lahad Datu - Kota Kinabalu | MH3023 | ETD1730 / ETA 1825
- Dawn Drive : RM80.00/person
- Activities are subjected to weather conditions/departure time and may be re-organized to best meet operational situation
- What to bring :
Binoculars, telescope, insect repellent, long sleeve shirts & long pants, raincoats, sun hat, swim wear, comfortable trekking shoes, water bottle & personal toiletries. Leech socks are available for sale at the resort's shop.
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- Tours and prices as above are subject to change with or without prior notice
- Hotel rates are strictly applicable for packages’ extension nights only
- Advance reservation is required and is subject to availability and valid for individual booking only
- If passenger extend stay by own will be NO airport transfer provided
- Maximum of 2 amendments per booking permitted. Any amendment thereafter incurs a charge of MYR50.00 per amendment
- Management reserves the right to withdraw the packages at any time without prior notice
- Management shall not be liable for any loses or expenses incurred dual to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, or any other causes beyond it control such loses and expenses shall be borne by the clients
- All payments made are non refundable partially or full for no show / early check out / amendments /any items in the package not utilized
- Any enquiry about cancellation / amendment / room reduction policy must contact us first to avoid any charges
ITINERARY (For reference only and is subject to any necessary changes in accordance to local requirements)
DAY 1 ARRIVAL – LAHAD DATU – TABIN WILDLIFE (LUNCH / DINNER)
Arrive at Kota Kinabalu Airport, you will be picked up in the east coast town of Lahad Datu and transferred b y road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve on gravel road for about one and a half hour. Check into the lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, nestled within the rainforest. The lodge comes complete with private veranda, air conditioner, ceiling fan and hot water shower in the forest. Explore the vicinity of the resort and be pleasantly surprised by the abundance of bird life. The open-sided Sunbird Cafe & Hunter's place is surrounded by greenery and flowering plants which attract a number of brightly coloured birds. Be entertained by the melodious calls of birds nearby. A bird hide facing the flowing Lipad River is available. In the afternoon, trek along the Tomanggong Road where you will most likely be able to spot one or more of Borneo's eight species of hornbill such as the Black, White-crowned, Rhinoceros, Wreathed, Oriented Pied, Bushy Crested, Helmeted and Wrinkled Hornbill either flying in groups across the sky or in pairs perching on bare branches.After dinner, enjoy a CD/Slide prensentation on Tabin's natural wonders, followed by a night safari to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin.
DAY 2 VOLCANO - JUNGLE TREKKING (BREAKFAST / LUNCH / DINNER)
After and early breakfast, depart for the active Lipad Mud Volcano. The soccer field-sized Lipad Mud Volcano serves as a mineral salt lick for the wildlife. After trekking through the rainforest for 20 minutes, arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano which is frequented by wildlife and birds. Climb the observation tower and admire the contrasting landscape of the bare mud volcano and its surrounding thich forest, where birds are commonly sighted. A nearby fiig-tree is a busy feasting place for hornbills and other birds and primates during the fruiting season. Across from the observation tower, bare branches of towering trees are favourite perching place for Green Imperial Pigeons and Doves. The adventurous can try the effects of the volcanic mud, said to be responsible for a fine complexion. In the afternoon, try up the Tabin Rainforest Foot Soak made with a natural blend of herbs, to relax tired muscles after long jungle treks. In the evening, a dusk drive to look up for more nocturnal wild life & birds coming up to look for food during this time of the day. After dinner, go for a night walk along the trail nearby the resort in search of sleeping birds, frog, and nocturnal wild life.
DAY 3 TABIN WILD LIFE - LAHAD DATU - DEPARTURE (BREAKFAST / LUNCH)
After and early breakfast, you will depart for birding along the road leading to the Core Area of Tabin Wildlife Reserve. The fully regenerated secondary forest with its relatively lower canopy and good natural light provides a delightful birding experience. The incredible rich forest also offer good mammal watching opportunities. Lunch and then depart from Tabin Wildlife Resort.